What is Bloating?
Did you know approximately 15-30% of the US. Population experiences bloating? Bloating is normal and is experienced by most men and women at some point in their life. Among men, bloating is most common in the abdomen region and is usually accompanied by a feeling of fullness in the stomach, tightness and cramps. It makes the belly appear swollen after eating a meal, which can make your stomach look larger than usual. Bloating takes place in the presence of large amounts of gas, liquids and solids in the digestive system.
What Causes Bloating in the Stomach
Though there are numerous medical reasons for the occurrence of bloating, for instance, lactose intolerance, irritable bowel syndrome, liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease, intestinal infections or bowel obstruction. However, bloating in males can also occur due to being intolerant to certain foods, eating contaminated foods and fluid retention.
How to Relieve Bloating Fast?
In this article, we will take a look at foods that might be causing bloating as well as yoga asanas to ensure you get rid of it quickly.
What Causes Bloating After Eating Anything?
The more food there is present on the table, the more likely you are to stuff your face until you have to loosen your belt to make room for that last slice of cheesecake. Men who like to eat a lot of food at the same time are more likely to suffer from bloating.
If this is the case with you, then try a combination of mindful eating and portion control. Eating smaller portions slowly can aid digestion. Chewing down slowly can also lower the amount of air you swallow while eating and also give time for your brain to register your hunger levels. After all, it takes roughly 20 minutes for the brain to send signals to your gut that it is indeed full. This can aid weight management and prevent you from going overboard with extra helpings.
Avoid Foods that Cause Gas and Bloating
This can vary from person to person and, therefore, requires the individual first to understand which foods they might be allergic to, or perhaps be intolerant to. It is quite easy to determine which foods do not suit your digestive system as these can lead to abdominal pain, bloating, gas, headaches, nausea, runny nose and even diarrhea.
What Foods Cause Bloating?
This can vary from person to person and, therefore, requires the individual first to understand which foods they might be allergic to, or perhaps be intolerant to. It is quite easy to determine which foods do not suit your digestive system as these lead to abdominal pain, bloating, gas, headaches, nausea, runny nose and even diarrhea.
What Foods Cause Bloating?
Some common food intolerances include the following:
Lactose intolerance: this can happen due to the consumption of dairy products such as cheese, milk and cream.
Gluten and Wheat intolerance: this can occur due to barley, wheat and gluten.
Fructose: is a naturally occurring sugar in fruits, vegetables, honey and fruit juices, which is not easily digested by certain individuals.
Eggs: can cause abdominal pain and diarrhea.
Eating these foods can lead to abdominal pain, reflux, gas and bloating.
How to Stop Swallowing Air When Drinking?
There are two sources of gas within the digestive system, the first is produced by the bacteria within your gut and the second is the air you swallow when you eat or drink. This can be caused due to eating while talking, drinking through a straw, chewing gum or food hurriedly.
The worst is fizzy soft drinks as they contain bubbles with carbon dioxide, a gas which releases in the stomach.
To reduce belching:
- Avoid foods that cause gas and bloating
- Eliminate carbonated sodas from your diet
- Quit chewing gum and smoking
- Stop wearing loose dentures
What Exercise is best for Bloating?
Get relief from bloating by exercising. Taking a 30-minute walk after eating can help the flow of oxygen-rich circulation throughout the body as well as aid digestion and relieve gas. You can also head to the gym to work out and lower belly bloating.
Some easy exercises to relieve gas and bloating for men include yoga asana, for instance:
Cat-Cow Stretch: this yoga pose helps compress and stretch your intestines to aid movement.
- This pose requires you to get down on all fours and arch your back, so your belly is pointing towards the floor and tilt your head up. Hold this pose for at least 10 seconds then return to a flat back.
- Afterward, bend your back so that it protrudes towards the ceiling and tilt your head down. Hold this for 10 seconds and repeat the asana.
Torso Twist: aids the flow of blood circulation.
- This pose requires you to sit down with your arms on the sides and legs fully extended. Balance your weight on the tailbone, bend your knees and bring your legs towards your chest.
- Be sure to keep your neck and back straight while keeping the core engaged. Rotate your upper body to the left and stop when your right elbow crosses your knees. Once done, return to the middle and continue twisting to the right.
Extended Triangle Pose: This pose helps you stretch and requires you to stand with your arms by your sides and feet together.
- Place your right foot 3-4 feet behind your right foot. Now turn your left foot at a 90-degree angle and twist your chest towards the left side.
- Make sure to keep your legs extended. Reach your left arm backward and right arm forward with your palms facing downwards. Bring your right hand to the floor, keep your left arm extended and your chest open. Take a deep breath and hold this pose for at least 15 seconds.
Sphinx Pose: helps stretch the torso and aid digestion.
- This asana requires you to begin by lying face down on the yoga mat, with palms next to your chest. Brace your core and start by extending your spine slowly.
- Keep your glutes relaxed and utilize your lower back to maneuver. Once you have reached a comfortable height, hold this position for a few seconds. Then lower your back to the starting position and repeat.
To boost circulation and get the maximum gains out of your yoga session, we recommend taking Herbion Naturals Virility Formula. This Ashwagandha t booster contains a wholesome blend of best Tribulus terrestris extracts, Ashwagandha, Elephant Vine and Velvet Bean.
Our Ashwagandha capsules should be taken as two capsules twice daily for twelve weeks. The plant-based formula works gradually to provide long-term cumulative effects. These non-hormonal and non-steroidal dietary supplements work to boost strength, energy, stamina, agility and physical fitness. The gluten-free and vegan-friendly formula eases anxiety, improves mood and enhances motivation.