Why is Prostate Health Important?
The prostate is a walnut-sized gland present within the male body. It is located just in front of the rectum and in between the bladder and the male organ. The urethra runs through the bladder to the vital male organ, from the center of the prostate, enabling urine to secrete out of the body.
This potent gland also enables the male body to produce fluid which carries sperm out of the male organ during ejaculation.
What Are the Most Common Prostate Problems in Men?
- Prostatitis: Causes inflammation within the prostate gland. This condition is not considered a disease but is the most common prostate problem in men under 50.
- Prostate Cancer: Unfortunately, prostate cancer is the leading cause of death for men above 75 years. Regardless of age prostate cancer is the third most common reason for men’s death. To lower the risk of developing prostate cancer signs and symptoms, it is vital to adopt a low-fat diet, one that includes balanced meals, omega-3 fatty acids and vegetables.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Commonly known as enlarged prostate, this ailment prevails in approximately 60% men above 60 to 80 years. Prostate enlargement causes are listed below.
What is the Main Cause of Prostate Enlargement?
Did you know as men age, so does their prostate? The main prostate enlargement reasons include:
- Age: By the time most men reach their 40’s, their prostate health goes from walnut size to an apricot. As men reach 60, it can enlarge into the size of a lemon. Since it surrounds part of the urethra, an enlarged prostate can put pressure on the tube and squeeze it. This can cause issues while passing urine. Though most men will see no difference before they hit 50 or above, however, some men tend to experience these signs at an early age. This is normal and is not cancerous.
- Genetics: If you are wondering, are prostate problems hereditary? Unfortunately, they are. Having a brother or father with BPH increases your likelihood of having it as well.
- Lifestyle: If you are overweight, you are predisposed to BPH.
- Certain Ailments: Diseases such as heart disease and diabetes predispose you to develop an enlarged prostate.
What are Prostate Enlargement Symptoms in Men?
Though the magnitude of symptoms varies from person to person, certain symptoms can worsen over time. It is vital to note, the size itself does not determine the severity of symptoms. Most common symptoms of an enlarged prostate are listed below:
- Not being able to empty the bladder completely
- Dribbling towards the end of urination
- Trouble starting urination
- Trouble maintaining stream of urine, with patterns that start and stop on their own
- Facing urgent pressure to urinate
- Enhanced frequency of urination especially at night time
Some other less common signs include the following:
- Blood within urine
- Unable to urinate
- Urinary tract infections
The following are some urinary tract problems which can mimic symptoms of BPH, making it unclear for the patient to detect the issue at hand. These include:
- Inflammation of the prostate gland
- Urinary tract infections
- Kidney stones or bladder stones
- Prostate cancer or bladder cancer
- Scarring within the bladder neck due to a surgery
- Natural narrowing of the urethra
How to Improve Prostate Health?
If you are wondering, can prostate health be improved? Then we have good news for you. The following are some measures you can take to enhance your prostate health.
What Supplements to Take for Prostate Health?
An astronomical amount of men’s health supplements are present in the market, but not all are made equal. We believe in the goodness of Mother Nature, so we recommend you to give the best natural testosterone booster, Herbion Naturals Virility Formula a try. This prostate health supplement contains a potent blend of wholesome ingredients, namely Tribulus terrestris, Ashwagandha, Elephant vine and Velvet bean, which combine to give you unbeatable results.
Not only does this best supplement for men support prostate health, but it also boosts stamina, vitality, fertility and libido. These vegan capsules help maintain healthy body weight, build muscles and normalize blood pressure. Made with a gluten free, non-hormonal and non-steroidal composition, Virility Formula is safe and effective for men. You can experience long-term cumulative effects within the usage of 4 to 8 weeks. For maximum gains, the usage of 12 weeks is recommended. Buy men’s health supplement from Amazon.com. Consult your doctor first before taking this herbal supplement.
Healthy Prostate Exercises
We are sure you are familiar with the many benefits of regular exercises. Similarly, it is also great for prostate health. Working out can ward off risks of stroke and heart disease. Daily workout can improve your mood and lower stress levels. Strength training and weight training are not necessarily required; you can choose to head out for a brisk walk to gain health benefits.
Best Foods for Prostate Health
To boost your prostate health, you can indulge in a fiber-rich diet, which is low in saturated fats and high in vegetables and fruits. Below are some eating habits you can easily adopt:
- Start by eating fresh vegetables and fruits daily.
- Eat whole-grain bread, cereal and pasta.
- Avoid hidden sugars commonly found in packed juices and sodas. In fact, stick to desserts as an occasional treat only.
- Control your portion sizes and practice mindful eating, which involves chewing every bite slowly and taking breaks before reaching for another helping of food.
- Add healthy fats to your diet such as avocados, almonds, pecans, walnuts and olive oil.
- Try to avoid packaged foods and fast foods as these are loaded with Trans fats.
- Limit your dairy and saturated fats intake of animal by-products. Instead, opt for low-fat versions such as almond, cashew, coconut and soy milk.
- Reduce red meat consumption, for instance, beef, goat, lamb and pork. Try to eliminate processed meats as well, such as sausages and bologna. Instead choose from a list of protein foods, for instance, skinless chicken or turkey, canned fish such as salmon, sardines and tuna. You can also indulge in nut butters, nuts, legumes and beans such as lentils, chickpeas, pinto beans, and kidney beans and split peas.
- Try lowering the quantity of salt you add to home-cooked meals and eat only foods low in sodium. Furthermore, eliminate the use of processed frozen and canned foods.
- Cut down the intake of saturated fats as they put you at a high risk of developing heart disease and potentially prostate cancer as well. Saturated fats are found in salad dressings, processed foods, meat, dairy products and baked goods. Instead, reach for healthier polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats which are commonly found in seeds, olive oil, nuts, fish and avocado.